What would help you think "from an insider's perspective" (i.e. with a manager's hat on) when looking at issues related to IS strategy in different organisations. This is an ongoing challenge for teachers, so I'd like to hear your views. Can you think of any simple, or creative/original ways of helping you and your colleagues to take an "inside view" of organisational strategy? You might like to focus on outlining the challenges, from your perspective, and how these might be addressed.
Thanks for all your contributions on the blogs and in the tutorials. I really enjoyed having all of you in my tutorials and I wish you all the best in your future studies and future careers!
The best way I can think of to help us to think from an insiders perspective is to frame the question from an insiders perspective. Rather than "Think of…", "How do you think…" and "…discuss how…" type of questions, it would make it easier to use questions that are more like, "If you were the CEO/CIO, how would you…". It would put us in the right frame of mind for answering the questions as if it were an actual business problem rather than as they are which seem more like academic questions. These are always easier to think of from a familiar perspective, which for most of us, tends to be as consumers rather than individuals running an organisation.
ReplyDelete